Thank you for your interest in being part of the NYRR Pace Team Presented by Biofreeze. Our pace team is a dedicated group of runners who put their own race goals aside to help others achieve theirs.
Pace Team Requirements
- Have finished a minimum of five marathons or 10 half-marathons
- Have finished a marathon within the last two years in a time at least 30 minutes faster than the pace group they wish to lead or have finished a half-marathon within the last year in a time at least 15 minutes faster than the time of the pace group they wish to lead
- Prove their fitness by running a road race of 10K or longer within the last three months
- Be familiar with the course of the race you would like to pace by having run that race a minimum of three times
- Have pacing experience at other long-distance events
- Be an NYRR member
When you pace your first NYRR race, you will be asked to finish within 30 seconds under your pace time, but no more than one minute. (i.e. A successful 4:00 marathon pacer will finish between 3:59:30 and 3:59:59.) You will also be asked to wear our green and white New Balance singlet and carry the pace sign the entire race, while running even splits throughout the entire course.
If you have any follow-up questions, please email email@example.com.