You’re going to run the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon! Congratulations—you’ll be a part of the 50th running of the world’s largest marathon on Sunday, November 1. Share your news on social media using #TCSNYCMarathon and tag @nycmarathon! You’re probably wondering about next steps. We’re here to guide you every step of the way! Read and bookmark this article for info on training, travel, race-week events, race logistics, and more.
Train to Go 26.2
New York Road Runners offers options, wherever you are in the world.
- NYRR Virtual Training: Our TCS New York City Marathon Training Program prepares you for the course—and it’s tailored to your fitness level, lifestyle, and goal finish time. Simply supply some past training data and our expert coaches will provide you with a customized 12-, 16-, or 20-week training plan that adapts as you make fitness gains. Choose the Plus tier for direct email access to the NYRR coaching staff.
- NYRR Group Training: Live in or near NYC? Check out morning and evening training sessions all over the five boroughs, for runners of all levels and abilities. The workouts offer coaching, camaraderie, and the inspiration that comes from running with others. Options include coached long runs, tempo runs, speed sessions, and more.
- NYRR One-to-One Coaching: You’ll meet regularly with a personal coach who’ll guide and motivate you toward your running goals and share tips on recovery, eating right, and more. This is another great option for those who live or work in New York City.
- TCS New York City Marathon Training Series: These 10-mile, 12-mile, and 18-mile races help you progressively build your fitness and endurance through the summer and early fall. You don’t need to race these events—many participants treat them as long training runs, complete with mile markers, fueling and hydration stations, and plenty of company. Sign up early, before they sell out. Registration is also open for the New Balance Bronx 10 Mile in September and the NYRR Staten Island Half in October, and these races fill quickly as well.
- Facebook Live chats: Join the NYRR coaching staff on Facebook every Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. ET to ask marathon training questions from anywhere in the world.
- Official training gear: Purchase official New Balance TCS New York City Marathon training gear (footwear and apparel) to let the world know what you’re preparing for.
Help Us Raise $50 Million for Charity
Our goal this year is to raise $50 million for charity for the 50th anniversary of the TCS New York City Marathon. You can enhance your marathon experience by running with one of more than 450 Official Charity Partners including NYRR Team for Kids, or a charity of your choice through the GoFundMe Charity fundraising platform.
Team for Kids supports NYRR's free running-based fitness programs in schools and communities across the United States. TCS New York City Marathon entrants can join Team for Kids with a reduced fundraising commitment; they’ll receive training, coaching, and race-day perks.
Book Your Trip
Visit our website to start planning your travel and accommodation. Check the TCS New York City Marathon Expo Presented by New Balance schedule to make sure you arrive in time to pick up your race materials—there’s no race-day number pickup.
Learn about race-day transportation before booking a hotel; visit our Help Center for more details and answers to frequently asked questions.
Our Official Airline and Foundation Partner, United Airlines, is proud to support runners' journeys—no matter where their final destinations are—with over 150 worldwide routes from the New York area. Visit united.com to book your flight today. fly the friendly skies.
In early summer, you’ll receive instructions for selecting race-day transportation (included in your race entry fee for non-International Tour Operator runners) and bag check or post-race poncho.
Join In the Fun of Race Week
Experience the magic of marathon week in New York City! From the three-day Expo to Marathon Monday, there are events for runners and fans all week long.
Tickets will be available for Marathon in a Motorcoach tours, Grandstand Seating at the finish line, and more. Want to cross the marathon finish line a day early? Register right now for the Abbott Dash to the Finish Line 5K on October 31 and have your family and friends sign up, too.
Visit nycgo.com for information on restaurants, shops, and attractions in neighborhoods along the TCS New York City Marathon course.
Your Friends Can Still Run
Tell your friends who didn’t get in that spots are available by running with one of more than 450 Official Charity Partners or a charity of their choice through the GoFundMe Charity fundraising platform.
More Info Is Coming Soon!
- Keep an eye on your inbox for newsletters full of important information and action items, as well as special offers and alerts.
- Browse the Help Center for answers to frequently asked questions.
- Follow the TCS New York City Marathon on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This year’s race, the 50th running, is going to be more exciting than ever as the world comes to NYC to celebrate the incredible history of this great race. The New York City Marathon began in 1970 and was held entirely in Central Park for its first six years. In 1976, the first five-borough New York City Marathon took place from Staten Island to Central Park. Learn more about the race’s history and check out fun facts about this year’s running.