Photos capturing the events at the 2018 Rising New York Road Runners at the NYRR Queens 10K
- Youth Races – Stage 1
Youngsters, come out to Queens for some unforgettable fitness fun this summer and join Rising New York Road Runners at the NYRR Queens 10K. This event is open to Stage 1 participants and will feature an array of fun fitness games and activities, followed by age-appropriate short runs. It's the perfect way to introduce your kids to the world of physical activity for free!
The chart below is a guide to the stages available at this event. Use the chart to determine the appropriate stage for your child. If you need help determining your child's stage, contact email@example.com.
|Stage||Ages||Event Type||Register If...|
|1||2 to 11||
Untimed shorter distances
|Your child is new to physical activity or running, but likes playing games and being active.|
|Activities Open||9:30 a.m.|
|Stage 1 Boys and Girl||10:00 a.m.||Varies by age|
- Animal Run: Participants imitate running styles of animals to build coordination skills
- Jump!: Participants jump through X’s to practice jumping skills
- Simon Says: Participants follow leader’s directions to build coordination and balance skills
- Tag: Classic game where participants practice running and movement skills
- Beanbag Challenge: Teams of participants collect beanbags in a relay
- Kick-It: Participants kick balls to teammates to build footwork skills
- All-Aboard: Participants get teammates to designated area using balance skills
- Track and Field Warm-Up: Staff leads participants in running drills and stretching
Kids Can Visit the Intrepid Museum for Free
On event days, your child’s Rising New York Road Runners bib will get them free admission to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, with the purchase of a full-priced adult ticket. Just present your race bib at the Intrepid’s box office to receive this offer.
Numbers (which include your timing tag) may be picked up at the NYRR RUNCENTER at 320 West 57th Street (between Eighth and Ninth avenues) on the following dates:
- Saturday, June 8, 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, June 9, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 10, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 11, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 13, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday, June 14, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Show the QR code from your race confirmation email or your NYRR account to pick up your race materials. If you're unable to pick up your race materials, a friend or family member can pick up for you; the person will need your QR code (printed or digitally). This policy is in effect only for our weekly races, not for the TCS New York City Marathon.
On event day, numbers may be picked up at Number Pickup in Flushing Meadows Corona Park on the path from the 7 train heading toward the Pool of Industry. Pickup will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. for the Rising New York Road Runners events. A New Balance water bottle, the souvenir for this event, will be available for pickup at the Number Pickup area on event day only and are subject to availability. If you pick up on event day, please be sure to allow yourself enough time to get from Number Pickup to the start.