- Youth Races – Stage 1
Celebrate the holidays with us in Prospect Park! Grab your jingle bells for a festive fun run in Brooklyn. This event is open to boys and girls of all stages and ability levels.
Please note: The date of this race has changed to Saturday, December 14. If you have registered for the race and can no longer participate, please contact email@example.com by May 23.
The chart below is a guide to the stages available at this event. Use the chart to determine the appropriate stage for your child. If you need help determining your child's stage, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Stage||Ages||Event Type||Register If...|
|1||2 to 11||
Untimed shorter distances
|Your child is new to physical activity or running, but likes playing games and being active.|
|2||8 to 18||
Untimed medium distances
|Your child likes running, but isn’t ready for a competitive event. Your child likes playing games and being active.|
|3||12 to 18||
Timed longer distances
|Your child is comfortable running a longer distance and racing other kids in a competitive setting.|
|Stage 3 Boys and Girls||8:30 a.m.||1 mile|
|Stage 2 Boys and Girls||8:50 a.m.||1 mile|
|Stage 1 Boys and Girls||9:10 a.m.||Varies by age|
Kids Can Visit the Intrepid Museum for Free
On event days, your child’s Rising New York Road Runners bib will get them free admission to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, with the purchase of a full-priced adult ticket. Just present your race bib at the Intrepid’s box office to receive this offer.
Numbers may be picked up at the NYRR RUNCENTER at 320 West 57th Street (between Eighth and Ninth avenues) on the following dates:
- Saturday, November 23, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 24, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 25, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 26 , 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 27, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, November 28, RUNCENTER Closed for Thanksgiving
- Friday, November 29, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, November 30, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 1, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 2, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 3, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 5, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 6, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 7, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 8, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 9, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 10, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 11, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 12, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 13, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Show the QR code from your race confirmation email or your NYRR account to pick up your race materials.
On race day, pickup will be at the Number Pick-Up tent at the Nethermead in the center of Prospect Park near the start/finish from 8:15 to 8:30 a.m.
Please note: Souvenir New Balance socks will be available for pickup on event day only, and souvenirs are subject to availability.
Check back soon for a course map with the layout of the activities area and the race courses.
All finishers will receive a ribbon. Top finishers in Stage 3 heats will be given podium awards.