- Youth Races – Stage 1
Boys and girls are invited to Central Park to celebrate Italy at Rising New York Road Runners at Italy Run by Nutella Cafe. This event is open to Stage 1 participants (ages 2-11) of all ability levels and will feature fitness activities followed by age-appropriate runs. It's a fun way to introduce your kids to the culture of Italy while getting them moving!
The chart below is a guide to the stages available at this event. Use the chart to determine the appropriate stage for your child. If you need help determining your child's stage, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Stage||Ages||Event Type||Register If...|
|1||2 to 11||
Untimed shorter distances
|Your child is new to physical activity or running, but likes playing games and being active.|
|Activities Open||9:15 a.m.|
|Stage 1 Boys and Girls||9:45 a.m.||Varies by age|
Activities on-site will include a selection of the following:
- Animal Run: Participants imitate running styles of animals to build coordination skills
- Jump!: Participants jump through X’s to practice jumping skills
- Simon Says: Participants follow leader’s directions to build coordination and balance skills
- Tag: Classic game where participants practice running and movement skills
- Beanbag Challenge: Teams of participants collect beanbags in a relay
- Kick-It: Participants kick balls to teammates to build footwork skills
- All-Aboard: Participants get teammates to designated area using balance skills
- Track and Field Warm-Up: Staff leads participants in running drills and stretching
Kids Can Visit the Intrepid Museum for Free
On event days, your child’s Rising New York Road Runners bib will get them free admission to the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, with the purchase of a full-priced adult ticket. Just present your race bib at the Intrepid’s box office to receive this offer.
Numbers may be picked up at the NYRR RUNCENTER at 320 West 57th Street (between Eighth and Ninth avenues) on the following dates:
- Saturday, May 25, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, May 26, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 28, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 29, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 30, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Friday, May 31, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 1, 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Please note: The NYRR RUNCENTER will be closed on Monday, May 27, for Memorial Day.
Show the QR code from your confirmation email or your NYRR account to pick up your materials. Please pick up during the week to avoid crowds on event day. Numbers will be available on event day from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. at Number Pickup in Central Park. Event-day lines may impact your ability to get to the start on time. T-shirts, the souvenir for this event, will be available for pickup on race day only at Number Pickup and are subject to availability.