OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Enter to win the New York Road Runners, Inc. (“NYRR”) 2020 NYC Half – Virtual 13.1M Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), with winnings provided by NYRR. Ten (10) winners (“Winners”), with aggregate winnings valued at approximately $300.00, or $30.00 per Winner.
Sweepstakes Period (NYRR’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes):
Sweepstakes begins on Thursday, March 12, 2020 at 12:01 a.m. ET
Sweepstakes ends on Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period you must either: (i) register to participate in and complete the 2020 NYC Half – Virtual 13.1M at the For the Love of Running tier, or (ii) send an email using the subject line “2020 NYC half – Virtual 13.1M” to email@example.com containing your legal name, age, and email address. Upon completion and submission of one of the aforementioned entry methods, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. LIMIT: LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at NYRR’s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to NYRR or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
NYRR and NYRR’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by NYRR, such as to notify them of a promotion that NYRR thinks may be of interest. NYRR will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
1. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Ten (10) potential Winners will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential Winners will be chosen and notified on March 26, 2020. Representatives of NYRR and its agencies, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes, will conduct the Sweepstakes. Potential Winners will be contacted via email. Potential Winners will be required to confirm notification and submit a completed Winner’s Release confirming Sweepstakes eligibility, compliance with Sweepstakes rules and regulations, acceptance of associated prizes and completion of the associated form(s) by April 2, 2020. If a potential Winner fails to confirm notification or complete and return the Winner’s Release and associated form(s) within the required time period, or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, NYRR may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by NYRR, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
2. PRIZES AND ODDS: Ten (10) Winners. The Winner will receive a non-complimentary entry to the 2021 United Airlines NYC Half and a New Balance Hat. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize: $30.00.
Payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all fees or other charges related to acceptance and use of the prize not specifically stated herein, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, NYRR reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. NYRR will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. The odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible participants entering the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence (whichever is older as of the date of entry). Employees, officers, and directors of NYRR and Strava, Inc., or any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. NYRR reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
4. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner’s grant to NYRR (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of NYRR), and the Released Parties (defined below) the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, world-wide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the Winner’s entry, name, email address, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
5. GENERAL: NYRR and its representatives are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, emails, mail or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices; or for transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, NYRR is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in participants e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. NYRR disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Sweepstakes and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond NYRR’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. NYRR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant (and his/her Sweepstakes entry) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by NYRR or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes or in the event of multiple entries by a given individual. NYRR reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the NYRR representatives and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release NYRR, Strava, Inc., Volvo Car USA LLC, and their directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism. NYRR’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
6. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NYRR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in Manhattan County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: “2020 NYC Half – Virtual 13.1M Sweepstakes.” The winners list will be sent to requesting parties after selection and verification of winners. A winners list can also be requested via mail. Request should be mailed to NYRR, 2020 NYC Half – Virtual 13.1M Sweepstakes, 156 West 56th Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10019.
10. SPONSOR: New York Road Runners, Inc. (“NYRR”), https://www.nyrr.org.
11. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Send an e-mail to email@example.com