New York, October 14, 2019 – New York Road Runners (NYRR), the world’s premier community running organization, today announced its celebrity lineup for the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon on November 3. This year’s marathon will feature notable actors, television personalities, Olympians, athletes, chefs, and influencers among the 52,000 runners.
Big names in television will take to the streets of New York for the largest marathon in the world. The field features actors from hit series including Uzo Aduba, star of Orange Is the New Black; Luke Kirby, Emmy-award winning actor and star of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; and Paul Sparks, star of Sweetbitter and House of Cards. ABC News anchor Amy Robach will run with her husband, Andrew Shue, star of Melrose Place. They will be joined by personalities from The Bachelorette including season 10 lead star Andi Dorfman and season 15 finalist Tyler Cameron. Additionally, producer and host of MTV’s Catfish Nev Schulman will run in his third New York City Marathon.
Olympians and premier athletes from across the sports industry will also join the 26.2-mile run. New York Giants all-stars participating include former running back Tiki Barber and former cornerback Jason Sehorn. Additionally, Olympic gold medalist cross-country skier Kikkan Randall will run in her first marathon after a courageous fight against breast cancer.
Every year, the TCS New York City Marathon field includes world-renowned chefs and restaurateurs. This year, Bravo’s Top Chef Richard Blais will return for his sixth New York City marathon and Eleven Madison Park’s chef and co-owner Daniel Humm is planning to run in his fifth.
Many notable runners are attracted to running the TCS New York City Marathon to support and raise funds for charitable causes. Below is the full list of notable runners for this year’s marathon and the charities they are supporting:
• Uzo Aduba – Actress in Orange Is the New Black; supporting Stand Up to Cancer
• Tyler Cameron – The Bachelorette; supporting ABC Food Tours
• Tiki Barber – Former New York Giants running back; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
• Andi Dorfman – The Bachelorette; New York Times best-selling author; supporting Girls on the Run and NYRR Team for Kids
• Amy Robach – Co-host of ABC’s Good Morning America; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
• Andrew Shue – Actor in Melrose Place
• Luke Kirby – Actor in The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel; supporting Arts in the Armed Forces
• Nev Schulman – Host/producer of MTV’s Catfish; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
• Richard Blais – Chef and TV personality of Bravo’s Top Chef
• Kikkan Randall – Five-time Olympian and gold medalist (with team member Jessie Diggins); supporting AKTIV Against Cancer
• Jason Sehorn – Former New York Giants cornerback; supporting The Foundation For Tomorrow
• Daniel Humm – Chef/co-owner of Make It Nice, Eleven Madison Park, The Nomad
• Paul Sparks – Actor in Sweetbitter; supporting Arts in the Armed Forces
• Ryan Briscoe – Professional race car driver; supporting NYRR Team for Kids
• Joanne Tucker – Actress; together with husband Adam Driver founded Arts in the Armed Forces and running in support of the charity
• Christy Altomare – Star of Broadway’s Anastasia
• Taylor Ritzel – Olympic gold medalist; supporting Women’s Sports Foundation
• Usama Young – Former NFL safety; supporting Right to Play
• Dan Churchill – Chef; supporting City Harvest
# # #
About the TCS New York City Marathon
The TCS New York City Marathon is the largest marathon in the world and the signature event of New York Road Runners (NYRR), the world’s premier community running organization. The race is held annually on the first Sunday of November and includes over 50,000 runners, from the world’s top professional athletes to runners of all ages and abilities, including over 9,000 charity runners. Participants from over 125 countries tour the diverse neighborhoods of New York City’s five boroughs—Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Manhattan. Race morning also features the Rising New York Road Runners Youth Invitational at the TCS New York City Marathon, a race within Central Park that ends at the marathon finish line. More than one million spectators and 10,000 volunteers line the city’s streets in support of the runners, while millions more watch the globally televised broadcast. The race is a founding member of the Abbott World Marathon Majors, which features the world’s top marathons—Tokyo, Boston, London, Berlin, Chicago, and New York. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), a leading global IT services, consulting, and business solutions organization, is the premier partner of NYRR and the title sponsor of the TCS New York City Marathon. The 49th running of the TCS New York City Marathon is set for November 3, 2019. To learn more, visit www.tcsnycmarathon.org.