Please review the following general volunteer guidelines. You will receive a detailed reminder three to four days before your scheduled event.
- Events that are +1 eligible are indicated by a green check mark.
- Volunteers must register online in advance; walk-ups will not be accepted. Age restrictions apply.
- If you need to cancel, log into your dashboard, select Volunteer from the left-hand navigation, and select Cancel under “My Commitments.”
- Please arrive on time for your assignment. The time shown in your NYRR dashboard is your start time; there’s no need to arrive earlier, as we’ve allotted time for you to check in and receive an orientation.
- Bags thicker than an envelope and larger than a fist will not be permitted. If you must bring a bag, you will have to check it at volunteer check-in. Small waist packs are permitted.
- NYRR is not responsible for lost or stolen bags. Bikes must be secured at the bike rack nearest your location.
- Please plan to assist for your entire assigned shift. If you leave early, you may compromise the safety of runners or spectators. If you need to leave early in the case of an emergency, please notify your captain.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Please do not bring your children with you unless they are registered as volunteers.