A static stretch for the inner thighs, hips, and groin
Tags: high school, stretches & strength, static stretches
- While sitting on the ground, bring the soles of the shoes together, allowing the knees to point out to each side.
- Grasping the ankles, draw both heels in as close to the body as is comfortable.
- Lean forward slightly and hold the position.
- For an even deeper stretch, press the thighs down with the elbows to bring the knees closer to the ground.
- Relax the shoulders and tighten the abs to keep the back straight.
- Bring the heels as close to the body as comfortably able.
- Lean forward slightly.
- The stretch should be felt through the inner thighs, hips, and groin.
- Don't bounce or overstretch; stop if the knees begin to hurt.
Duration / Reps: 30 seconds
When: During the post-workout, cool-down routine
- Increases flexibility in the inner thighs, hips, and groin