A static stretch for the gluteal muscles, or glutes
Tags: high school, stretches & strength, static stretches
- Start by lying flat on the back with the knees bent and the feet on the floor.
- Rest one ankle on top of the opposite knee.
- Reaching through the legs, gently pull the bottom thigh towards the chest, raising the bottom foot off the ground.
- Hold the stretch and then repeat on the other side.
- This stretch should be felt in the glutes of the top leg.
- Relax the torso and neck, letting the head rest on the ground.
- Don't overstretch; maintain a comfortable level of tension.
Duration / Reps: 30 seconds on each side
When: During the post-workout, cool-down routine
- Increases flexibility in the gluteal muscles