Three dynamic stretches for the calf muscles, shin muscles, and ankle tendons
Tags: middle school, stretches & strength, dynamic stretches
- Standing up straight, lift one foot a few inches off the ground in front of the body.
- Draw the largest clockwise circles possible with the toes.
- Rotate the foot for 10 circles.
- Repeat in a counter-clockwise motion.
- With the leg raised, first point the foot downward, then flex it up toward the shin as far as possible.
- Do 10 toe points with each foot.
- Write your names or the alphabet in the air with each foot.
- Move at the ankle joint only; keep the rest of the body still, including the raised leg.
- For the most effective stretch, move the ankle through a full range of motion.
- Move the foot slowly and fluidly.
Duration / Reps:
- Ankle Circles: 10 in each direction per foot
- Toe Points: 10 per foot
- Toe Writing: Write your full name or the alphabet per foot
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine
You Need: A wall or other support for balance if necessary
- Warms up and stretches the calf muscles, shin muscles, and ankle tendons