Seated Trunk Twist
A static stretch for the back muscles
Tags: middle school, stretches & strength, static stretches
- While seated and with the legs straight out in front, bend your right leg and cross it over your left.
- Place your right foot flat on the ground next to your left knee.
- Place your left elbow on the outside of your bent knee, gently pushing your leg inward.
- Put your right hand on the ground behind your body for stability and gently twist your torso to the right.
- Keep your back straight and upright.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Keep your supporting arm straight.
- Avoid leaning back during the twist.
- Don't overstretch.
Duration / Reps: Hold for 30 seconds on each side
When: During the post-workout, cool-down routine
- Releases tension in the back muscles