A dynamic stretch for the pectoral muscles, upper back muscles, shoulder muscles, and upper arm muscles
Tags: middle school, stretches & strength
- Stand with the feet shoulder-width apart.
- Hold the arms straight out to the sides and parallel to the ground.
- Swing the arms in front of and behind the body in a wide criss-crossing, or scissoring, motion.
- With every swing, alternate the top arm.
- Begin with a gentle swing and gradually build up to a more vigorous one.
- Maintain good posture and a stable torso; avoid hunching forward or letting the upper body twist or rock.
- Keep the arms at shoulder-height.
- Swing the arms fluidly, without any jerky movements.
- If you feel any joint or muscle pain, reduce the range of your motion.
- For a more extensive stretch, keep the arms straight as they swing.
Duration / Reps: 10-20 Arm Scissors
When: During the pre-workout, warm-up routine
- Warms up and stretches the pectoral muscles, upper back muscles, shoulder muscles, and upper arm muscles