A game that teaches body control and develops overall fitness and fundamental athletic skills
Tags: elementary school, games
- Start the game by calling one of your runners "it" and naming an animal to imitate.
- All players must then move like that animal.
- The player who's "it" tries to tag as many players as she/he can before a new "it" and a new animal are chosen.
- Tagged players, players who step out of bounds, and players who forget to move like the animal are out and should wait on the sidelines until the next round.
- Once a new player is "it" and a new animal is named, all players return to play.
- Call a new "it" and animal every 15-20 seconds to keep the game fast paced so everyone gets a lot of exercise.
- Make sure everyone has a chance to be "it."
- Remember that the game is most fun when everyone sticks to their animal running forms.
When: Anytime, but ideal for the last 10-15 minutes of a running session
You Need: Boundary cones and a small playing space (ideally, a 20x20 foot area)
- Teaches body control and develops overall fitness and fundamental athletic skills