Love tweeting and Instagramming about the races you're running, volunteering at, or a spectator of? Then you'll love the 2017 NYRR #GetOutToRun Social Hashtag Challenge! Each week, post about the races you're participating in using the official event hashtags (you'll find them on the race bib, race page, race confirmation, and NYRR's social media channels) and you'll be automatically entered to win prizes.
The more times you tweet and Instagram, the greater your odds of winning! There will be a new NYRR #GetOutToRun Social Hashtag Challenge each week, so keep being social with us all year long for more chances to win.
Enter our weekly #GetOutToRun social media hashtag challenge for a chance to win NYRR prizes. All you need to do is follow us on social media and tag us in your favorite #GetOutToRun photos using the hashtags #GetOutToRun and #Contest. Each week offers a new opportunity for you to win!
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED AND OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. Enter to win the New York Road Runners, Inc. (“NYRR”) #GetOutToRun Social Hashtag Challenge (the “Challenge”), with winnings provided by NYRR. One (1) winner (“Winner”) each week during the entire Challenge, with aggregate winnings valued at approximately $20 per Winner per week.
Challenge Period (NYRR’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Challenge):
Each week during the Challenge shall constitute and be referred to as a “Challenge Period.” *
Challenge begins on Monday, March 27, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Challenge ends on Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
*Each respective Challenge Period during the Challenge shall commence on at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time and end on the following Sunday at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, during the Challenge Period participants must post photos, videos, posts or tweets to their Twitter or Instagram account(s) that mention @nyrr and incorporate the following hashtags during each Challenge Period: #GetOutToRun and #contest (or #sweepstakes). All Twitter and Instagram accounts used by participants seeking entry in the Challenge must be public. Upon completion and submission of one of the aforementioned entry methods, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Challenge. No purchase is required to enter. Multiple entries are allowed in successive Challenge Periods, as well as within any given Challenge Period. Multiple entries increase a participant’s chance of winning. Participants must not use multiple Twitter accounts or multiple Instagram accounts. Participants must not publish identical posts or tweets in any given Challenge Period. Entries that do not include the required hashtags or that do not mention @nyrr will not be eligible and will be disqualified. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or social media account. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the social media account used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to NYRR or forfeit the prize. Entries associated with an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified.
NYRR and NYRR’s agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use participants’ personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by NYRR, such as to notify them of a promotion that NYRR thinks may be of interest. NYRR will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
1. SELECTION OF WINNERS: One (1) potential Winner will be selected for each Challenge Period from all eligible entries received during that Challenge Period. Potential Winners will be randomly chosen and notified on the Friday following the Challenge Period in which their entry was submitted. Representatives of NYRR and its agencies, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Challenge, will conduct the Challenge. Potential Winners will be contacted via email or their social media handle. Potential Winners will be required to confirm notification and submit a completed Winner’s Release confirming Challenge eligibility, compliance with Challenge rules and regulations, acceptance of associated prizes and completion of the associated form(s) within ten (10) days of receiving notification from NYRR that they have been selected as a potential Winner. If a potential Winner fails to confirm notification or complete and return the Winner’s Release and associated form(s) within the required time period, or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, NYRR may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Verification of Potential Winners: All potential WINNERS are subject to verification by NYRR, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CHALLENGE. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete.
2. PRIZES AND ODDS: One (1) Winner per Challenge Period. Each Winner will receive a prize pack of NYRR branded items (e.g. lip balm, sunscreen, water bottle, etc.) and be featured on NYRR social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize per Challenge Period: $20.
Payment of any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, and all fees or other charges related to acceptance and use of the prize not specifically stated herein, are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, NYRR reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. NYRR will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize. The odds of winning a prize during a Challenge Period will depend on the number of eligible entries submitted during such Challenge Period. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Challenge. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Challenge open to individuals who are legal residents of the United States of America currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of legal residence (whichever is older as of the date of entry). Employees, officers, and directors of NYRR and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. NYRR reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
4. PUBLICITY RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Challenge constitutes Winner’s grant to NYRR (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request of NYRR), and the Released Parties (defined below) the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, world-wide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the worldwide web, at any time or times, the Winner’s entry, name, email address, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions and biographical information (including but not limited to hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his or her name on the worldwide web, social media channels, television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
If an entry contains an identifiable person other than the participant who submitted the entry, by submitting the entry, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the entry as outlined herein and such person may be required to provide written consent to NYRR’s use of the entry.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. By submitting an entry, participants grant to NYRR, its affiliates, sponsors, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative works from, and otherwise make use of participants’ submitted Entry Form in any and all media, whether now known or later developed, for any purpose, without any attribution or compensation to participants.
By submitting an entry, participants represent and warrant that their submitted entry does not and will not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party. Participants further affirm that they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to NYRR herein, including but not limited to, all necessary intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright, and that entrant’s submission is free and clear of any claims or encumbrances, and that participants’ Entry Form does not violate any applicable federal, state or local laws and regulations.
7. GENERAL:NYRR and its representatives are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, emails, mail or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices; or for transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, NYRR is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in participants e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Challenge is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. NYRR disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Challenge and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Challenge should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond NYRR’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. NYRR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant (and his/her Challenge entry) from this Challenge or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by NYRR or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Challenge or in the event of multiple entries by a given individual. NYRR reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Challenge, each participant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the NYRR representatives and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Challenge. By participating in the Challenge or accepting the prize, winner agrees to release NYRR, Instagram, Twitter, and their respective directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from or in connection with the Challenge or the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism. NYRR’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Challenge is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Twitter.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CHALLENGE, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
8. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NYRR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of New York or the appropriate State Court located in Manhattan County, New York; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Challenge, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email to email@example.com with the following subject line: “#GetOutToRun Social Hashtag Challenge.” The winners list will be sent to requesting parties after selection and verification of winners. A winners list can also be requested via mail. Request should be mailed to NYRR, #GetOutToRun Social Hashtag Challenge, 156 West 56th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10019.
12. SPONSOR: New York Road Runners, Inc. (“NYRR”), http://www.nyrr.org.
13. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CHALLENGE? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org