I'm In For the Run of My Life Sweepstakes: Week 17 Contest
Win one (1) of four (4) The Whartons’ Strength Book & A Race Like No Other (paperback edition)
Contest ends July 18, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. HOW TO ENTER: All participants must be accepted runners of the 2012 ING New York City Marathon as of July 11, 2012. All participants must download the Training Essentials article, and providing your First Name, Last Name and Email address when prompted. Upon successful download of the Training Essentials article you will be automatically entered into the contest to win one (1) of four (4) of The Whartons’ Strength Book & A Race Like No Other by Liz Robbins (Paperback edition). No purchase is required to enter. One download allowed per individual. NYRR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his/her contest entry) from this contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by NYRR or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the contest or in the event of multiple entries by a given individual.
2. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The four (4) winners will be determined from all eligible entries received in one random drawing (the “Drawing”). The Drawing will be held on July 20, 2012. Representatives of New York Road Runners (NYRR) and its agencies, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest, will conduct the Drawing. Winners will be contacted via email no later than July 23, 2012. Participants will be required to confirm winner notification by replying to the email confirmation winner notification by July 30, 2012, at 11:59 p.m. EDT. There will not be any additional notification by NYRR.
3. PRIZES AND ODDS: Four (4) prize winners each win one The Whartons’ Strength Book & A Race Like No Other by Liz Robbins. Estimated Value: $30.00 per prize. One prize per winner. NYRR reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. NYRR is responsible for prize delivery. Payment of any and all taxes, fees or other charges related to the prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. As this is a promotional award, winners may not exchange or receive cash-equivalent. The chances of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible entrants entering the contest during the promotional period.
4. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals who have been accepted to the 2012 ING New York City Marathon as of July 11, 2012, and have successfully completed the PDF Download and provided their information except for employees (and their immediate families and members of the same household) of NYRR or any Sponsor of the ING New York City Marathon, or their affiliates or agents, or NYRR judges, or any advertising or promotional agencies of any of the foregoing.
5. PUBLICITY RELEASE; POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE WINNERS. By entering this Contest, winners agree that NYRR may use, or authorize others to use, their name, address, likeness, and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law. Winners will forfeit their prize and such prize may be awarded to alternate winners if e-mail acceptances are not returned by July 30, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
6. GENERAL: This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. This contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction within the State of New York, County of New York. NYRR and its judges are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected entries, emails, mail or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices; or for transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, NYRR is not responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Contest is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. NYRR disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond NYRR’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and a random drawing will be held from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. NYRR reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his/her Contest entry) from this Contest or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by NYRR or any of its affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. NYRR reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the NYRR judges and warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Contest. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release NYRR and its directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity.
7. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, NYRR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, send an email to Countdown@nyrr.org with the following subject line: “Please send the winner’s list for the NYRR Countdown Contest #17.” The winners list will be sent to requesting parties after selection and verification of winners to NYRR: 9 East 89th Street, New York, NY 10128
9. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS CONTEST? Send an e-mail to Countdown@nyrr.org.