Position resides in the Business Development and Strategic Partnership Department and is an integral member of the Account Management Team. This position is responsible for the day to day management and servicing of client relationships and ensuring execution of contractual obligations to our partners. This position is responsible for managing and developing the Account Management team members.
This position will serve as a liaison between New York Road Runners (NYRR) sponsorship clients and NYRR’s internal production teams; Communications and Brand Management, IT, and Finance to produce cutting edge, strategic, well executed partnerships for NYRR.
This position requires leadership internally with direct reports and colleagues, and proven management experience including the development of employees. This position also requires the ability to work simultaneously with multiple clients who have varying objectives and ever-changing priorities.
This is a highly visible, collaborative position which requires multi-tasking, juggling of priorities, leadership, patience, professionalism and team work. Key responsibilities are built upon the intersection of client strategy, NYRR brand strategy and top notch client service in a high paced, ever changing environment.
• Day to day management and development of 2-4 Strategic Partnership team members. The Strategic Partnership team is responsible for managing 32+ partnerships surrounding the ING New York City Marathon 28+ partners associated with other NYRR road race events. Strategic Partnership Account managers manage and fulfill the contractual benefits provided by NYRR to the partner as well as additional needs and requests from the partner. In addition the Account Mangers oversee the pre-event marketing and the development plan while simultaneously being responsible for the on-site execution of the partner elements and programs.
• Oversee the day-to-day relationship of 3-5 high level partners including managing select NYRR events.
• The ability to ascertain or determine the client’s marketing objectives, and how NYRR can satisfy those objectives via NYRR’s portfolio of assets and services. Focus should be on sponsor activation for the benefit of NYRR, other NYRR sponsors and to enhance the client’s experience/sponsorship with NYRR.
• Managing the professional development of multiple employees including setting yearly goals, conducting yearly reviews and managing the day to day workload and professional development of those employees.
• Serve as a role model within the group and organization providing leadership especially when upper management is not available.
• Ability to move projects forward in a timely manner and understand the need for and balance of when to ask for help and direction.
• Ability to manage projects from start to finish including setting objectives, running meetings, determining deadlines, managing P&Ls, conduct financial analysis and measuring project’s success.
• The ability to work well with other departments. Must be a good problem solver.
• At least 10 years of experience in sponsorship or client service management
• At least 5 years of experience successfully managing and developing multiple direct reports
• Marketing, budgeting and event experience preferred
• Must be a self-starter able to anticipate issues and exercise good judgment and exhibit excellent communication and organization skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and communicate effectively through oral and written communications
• Excellent problem solving, decision making and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
• Lots of energy and enthusiasm for NYRR’s mission
If interested and qualified, please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to:
Please send your resume and cover letter via email or snail mail. Don’t forget to mention which job you’re applying for.
New York Road Runners
Attn: Human Resources
East 89th Street
New York, NY 10128